... normally I do not like to talk a lot about myself, lets face it there are 7 of us here and most are more interesting than I. However, in light of tradition and because it was my 38th birthday I shall write about myself.
Consider yourself warned.
1. I am a mother to five fabulous kiddos.
2. I am VERY conservative.
3. I called the school district to find out about Obama's speech. Pretty sure they changed it after I called.
4. I graduated from the University of Utah and cheer for them when they do not play BYU.
5. I have been happily married for 15 years and still pinch myself wondering how it happened so well.
6. I have lived in four states: Utah, Texas, California, and Nevada.
7. I lived in Utah for 26 years before living anywhere else.
8. I love to sing and have sung in choirs, ensembles, and even solo. My husband thinks I should do it more often.
9. I once swore I would never marry a sports fan. Now not only do I have a sports fan husband, but I also have 4 sons who have followed in his footsteps.
10. I worry too much about my weight.
11. I am halfway to my weight loss goal.
12. I believe in choices, but I also believe in consequences. Don't complain to me about a consequence when you made the choice.
13. Sometimes life just sucks. That is when you "suck it up" and keep moving forward.
14. I love most country music. Steve is not so much a fan but my kids know most of the lyrics.
15. I love to read. I am currently reading 4 books.
16. I should stick to one book and finish it.
17. My favorite novel is "The Good Earth".
18. School is only part of Education. I will do the rest at home (i.e. correct what was wrong).
19. I don't care what Hollywood thinks. They should just be quiet and sing. I'll listen to your politics when you read my book and see my movie.
20. I don't want a "public option" for health care. I will pay for mine and you can pay for yours.
21. I love my SUV.
22. My Suburban can drive over any "Smart car". So don't tell me what I should drive.
23. I miss my Grandma O.
24. I have had stitches 9 times.
25. The stitches I remember the most were in 5th grade when I was in PE and a boy taller than me ran into me. His buck teeth hit my head. I just remember lots of blood (mine not his).
26. I'm not really a shopper, unless I'm at a bookstore.
27. I love high heels.
28. My hair is all grey. You would never know because of a wonderful person I call Megan who makes the grey go away. Love her!
29. I never thought I wanted a daughter, but I am so glad to have one.
30. I love reading with my kids. We are reading "The Mouse and the Motorcycle" (with Peyton and Marra) and Cam and I are reading Harry Potter.
31. 2 of my boys are taller than me. Not really much of an accomplishment I know, but they love it.
32. I love to write. I have hundreds of stories and thoughts written down, just waiting for me to do something with them.
33. I love to try new recipes. Can't say my family loves them all, but some become keepers.
34. I love to watch the Food Network and make up my own dishes. My family usually likes these.
35. Give me a new recipe book and I will hide away for hours planning and dreaming. My favorites are church and family recipe books.
36. I love to read the Book of Mormon and conference talks with my husband. He sees things differently than I do and it is nice to compare the two perspectives.
37. I am a Christian.
38. I have a testimony of my Savior Jesus Christ and the Peace he brings to the world around me.
... So right, wrong, or indifferent that is part of who I am. Proud to be 38 because life just gets better and better.